Fireweed Community Market Society
Interested in selling at the Market?
- Complete a 2017 Membership application form.
- Read through the 2017 market Rules & Regulations.
- Complete a 2017 vendor market Full Season registration form if you plan to participate for most of the season OR
- Complete a 2017 Weekly Space Rental registration form if you are just trying it out and plan to attend week-by-week.
Interested in busking at the Market?
Follow steps 1 & 2 above.
Please print and mail or drop off forms at our office with payment. Contact Larissa Lychenko, our market manager with any questions or if you would like to lead a workshop.
Free Workshops at the Market
Experience our Thursday Market throughout the summer! Bring your family or meet up with a friend and be carried away by the wonderful aromas, delicious foods and beautiful artisans - all locally produced. Roll up your sleeves and dive into our free workshops sponsored by Growing Forward 2.
June 15 - Greenhouse heating
Bob Sharp from Solar Growing shows how to convert energy to heat northern greenhouses.
June 1 - Rhubarb wonders
Kat Davis from Whiskeyjack Gardening Co. demonstrates rhubarb's many uses, how to harvest it, how and when to split and plant, delicious recipes, and more.
June 8 - Seed-starting
Students from the Yukon Montessori School share their knowledge about growing seeds in the north.
Shipyards Park 18 May - 14 Sept. 2017 3 - 8 pm
Thank you to our sponsor:
We're about more than good food!
May 18 - Selective eaters: How to get your kids to eat their veggies
Jeszika Milton shares her recipes and demonstrates how to make:
- Grilled cheese and tomatoes soup
- Cauliflower mac and cheese
- Smoothies with spinach, kale, basil, and beets
- Hidden veggie chilli
- 5 minute ice cream with high bush cranberries; and
- Sweet squash and berry crumble.