Events Calendar @ Fireweed Market
- Alison Reedagricultural demo on how to brew kombucha teas
- Clea Roberts' book launch at Jenni House by the river @ 5:30 pm
- Local artisans at the Canada Day Fireweed Market at Shipyards, 11 am - 6 pm
- Kate Mechan & Bart Bounds from Elemental Farmsagricultural demo on the benefits of growing organic food
- Lara Melnikagricultural demo on how to use local harvest to make spring rolls
- Helen O'Connor has hands-on cyanotype demos at the Jenni House by the river, 3-8 pm
- Cliff Hannaagricultural demo on all about bees from hives & tools to their importance as pollinators. Try some Yukon honey too!
- Sarah Preiksaitis from Zero Waste Yukonagricultural demo of tools and tricks to reduce food waste at home
- Maya Rosenberg art workshop @ 4-5 & 6-7 pm on participate in creating a community mural as part of the Wish 150 Yukon Mosaic exhibit. No participation limit.
FIREWEED MARKET REUSE & REPAIR FAIR in partnership with Zero Waste Yukon
- Join in a waste audit, repair workshops, YuKonstruct demos & kids' tent
- Katherie Belisle agricultural demo on fermenting the harvest with samples of kimchi, krauts, cultured cheese, plus more
- Helen O'Connor art workshop @ 4-5 pm on making beautiful paper from recycled materials. Limited to max. of 12 participants.
- Leslie Leong art workshop @ 6-7 pm on making beautiful swans or geese from milk jugs. Limited to max. of 12 participants.
- Yukon Culinary Festival Chef Demos @ 3:30 - 5 pm.
- Chef Eric Pateman will host the filming of a Travel Series on Signature Experiences Across Canada documentary, touring the Fireweed Market & focusing on the culinary scene in Yukon @ 3 - 3:30 pm.
- Kat Davis agricultural demo on backyard berries and wild harvesting
- Katherine Munroe art workshop @ 4-5 & 6-7 pm on writing a Haiku (Japanese poetry) and transferring onto handcrafted paper. Limited to max. of 12 participants.
- Jeszika Miltonagricultural demo about recipes using organs and other meats
END OF SEASON HARVEST MARKET
- Special events planned
- Chris Bartschagricultural demo on how to keep your plant's 'feet' warm with his solar root zone heating invention
Dec. 8 - 19
Join us at the Outdoor Fireweed Market every Thursday until Sept. 14 at Shipyards Park, 3 to 8 pm.
Whether you're looking for a unique gift or a picnic supper, or want to participate in our free workshops, the market is the place to find a variety of locally produced foods and artisans.
Interested in selling or busking at the market? View our market documents or contact Larissa, our market manager for details.
Hope to see you there!
We're about more than good food!
The Fireweed Community Market Society is a diverse group of members who work together to build community and provide seasonal opportunities for consumers to purchase and enjoy local products.
Fireweed Community Market Society
Thank you to our sponsor:
Keep checking our Calendar of Events for updates on our regular and special markets and free workshops and demonstrations throughout the year.
Agricultural demonstrations are free of charge, sponsored by Growing Forward II, and usually run for the duration of the Thursday Outdoor Fireweed Market.
Art workshops are free of charge, sponsored by the Fireweed Community Market Society, and run for specified times for a maximum of 12 participants on a first come first serve basis.